BRIDGING THE GAP OF DIFFERENCES
Mediation is a process which allows persons in dispute to come together with the assistance of an unbiased neutral third person, known as the mediator, to encourage and facilitate resolution of the dispute in an informal, safe and confidential setting. Independently each person will describe the dispute from their perspective and offer solutions to resolve. The process focuses on underlying causes discussed that contributed to the dispute, rather than questioning who is right, wrong, truthful or at fault. The mediator serves in assisting with the process to resolve the dispute and come to a mutually consensual settlement that accommodates their needs. Both persons in the dispute have equal control over the process and the final resolution is the shared mutual determination by both parties.
ADVANTAGES TO MEDIATION
- You have control over the process and outcome
- Non-adversarial saving you time and money
- More effective communication and reduced conflict
- Better outcomes for all parties involved (including children)
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy during the determination of resolutions